Sales & Business Development Team – Berlin, Germany
Envio is a technology services provider for building automation and automated indoor agriculture. Our customers are the largest utilities, property portfolio managers, and public/government entities on Earth. As Sales Engineer, you will work closely with our world-class customers understanding their needs and working collaboratively with the Sales and Implementation team to provide a professional, responsive, and informed experience to decision makers and stakeholders.
We expect you to have experience working with various technical teams (internal & external), managing implementation to ensure customer satisfaction and education. You are able to leverage marketing, sales, and integration teams in order to deliver value and insight to customers through every step of the customer cycle.
Our ideal candidate has an understanding of Building Automation, Real-Estate, and the energy market, and is able to utilize their education and experience to create efficiencies with our current team and process.
We expect you to leverage the freedom and agency we provide to own the project cycle from start to finish fostering positive relationships and outcomes at every turn. Strong relationships, follow through and consistent follow up is key to our combined success.
At envio we are:
Collaborative - We believe teams solve big problems together
Resourceful - Workable solutions exist for every problem
Resilient - Try a dozen things a hundred different ways if that is what it takes
Disruptors - We invent things people didn’t know they needed but can’t live without
Pioneers - We take on complex challenges using new tools
Each one of our values is a part of our everyday interactions.
Collaboration with Sales Team & Customers
- Work collaboratively with a team of project managers, electricians, engineers, and implementation specialists to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Collaborate with the sales team during contract negotiations: provide informative updates in regards to deliverables and timelines to ensure smooth project implementation during the life of the project.
- Collaborate with the sales team during qualifying stages to define customer requirements and gather customer documentation to provide accurate project quotes.
- Establish strong relationships with existing customers.
- Ensure customers are fully supported, provide clear expectations to customers during installations, training, project change procedures and after implementation technical support.
Collaboration with Engineering Teams
- Analyze current and potential contract engineering firms’ efforts to ensure product delivery and quality.
- Review and approve internal/external engineering efforts regarding electrical installation wiring instructions for customers.
- Assist internal hardware & software teams in defining requirements for product functionalities.
- Assess customer installation requirements and communicate those needs to implementation teams.
Project Delivery Processes & Reporting
- Deliver accurate, regular, timely project status reports and forecasting to company leadership.
- Provide feedback to the team on successes and failures of processes, and inform the team of requirements from the project management team.
- Manage, iterate and adjust project management team processes based on the needs of the business.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Engineering or relevant field.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Sales Engineering or similar role.
- Experience working with marketing, sales, and technical teams to complete the implementation cycle.
- 3+ years’ experience in building automation systems
- Ability to empathize with customer needs and pain points.
- Ability to unify support from different teams to achieve an end-to-end goal.
- Are willing to communicate with customers in many different time zones.
- Speak fluent business English.
- Experience in the Building Automation, Building Management, or Energy fields.
- Have connections in the above fields which can be leveraged to increase success
- Speak German, French, Spanish, Chinese or other Major Languages