Finance and Administration Team – Berlin, Germany
Envio is an award- winning startup pioneering technologies that transform how we monitor, manage, operate, and interact with commercial real estate. We are more than 50 engineers, data scientists, product managers from over 27 different nationalities, working together to improve people's lives and create a more sustainable future through innovation.
As a Financial Controller you will be leading all aspects of envios financial health, such as producing critical financial reports, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and financial prospectuses. Additionally you will be taking ownership and implementing key financial metrics
and working closely with our CEO to predict the financial performance of our company for future investment.
We expect you to provide financial projections, liquidity metrics, and monthly financial board reports. You will be overseeing the growth and financial performance of Envio Systems by making strategic decisions on resource allocation and profitability. You should have vast experience working with StartUps at various stages of growth and be able to provide expert support to our company at all levels.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced changing environment, and can rapidly adapt to dynamic market environment conditions and provide scenario based modelling projections.
At envio we are:
Collaborative - We believe teams solve big problems together
Resourceful - Workable solutions exist for every problem
Resilient - Try a dozen things a hundred different ways if that is what it takes
Disruptors - We invent things people didn’t know they needed but can’t live without
Pioneers - We take on complex challenges using new tools
Each one of our values is a part of our everyday interactions.
- Bachelor's or Master’s in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Professional Accounting designation.
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position.
- Advanced computer skills, including knowledge accounting software
- Previous experience with a SAAS company
- Advanced Excel, financial modeling and reporting skills required
- Fluent German and previous working experience in Germany required
- Fluent Business-Level English
- Drive excellence and transform our existing Financial Planning and Accounting processes ( via automation, simplification, centralization, standardization) to better address business needs and to create scalability.
- Oversee accounting, financial reporting, analysis and preparation of the consolidated financial statements, including schedules for tax compliance.
- Analyze and review financial reports to reduce costs and increase efficiencies within the business.
- Management of working capital and company cashflow.
- Analyze market trends to find opportunities for expansion and/or acquiring other companies.
- Responsible for the full-cycle of the day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, cash management, etc.
- Responsible for payroll activities, GST, VAT reporting, quarterly and year-end tax filings
- Manage all internal and external financial audits, tax audits or compliance audits
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities, revenue, profit, and working capital.
- Preparation and production of the board pack, including monthly P+L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements.
- Review, assess and improve processes to ensure appropriate levels of control and accuracy are maintained and legal requirements are met.
- Work cross-functionally with teams to collaboratively develop budgets/plans and promote financial discipline.
- Work closely with the General Manager to set up key performance metrics and manage and maintain financial models.
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and financial forecasting, providing key insights and recommendations to the Board of Directors and CEO.
- Work closely with our Sales, and Executive Teams to own responsibilities around forecasting and managing business metrics (i.e. Sales Pipeline and Revenue Forecasting).
- Support and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure.
- Build, analyze, and communicate results of strategic initiatives and articulate impact to overall business based on performance
- Lead, mentor and develop staff as the business grows and the accounting team expands.
- Expert communicator; ability to explain complex financial concepts to executives and non-financial managers in both German and English is essential.
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and master planner.
- Possess a deep understanding of financial modeling and key metrics used in B2B SaaS companies.
- An excel professional, experienced in building and maintaining scenario based financial models and reports.
- Ability to wear many hats - from senior level strategy work to hands-on work
- Curious by nature, creative problem solver, adept at diving into large datasets to find patterns and creative ways to improve the business.
- Positive, energetic and comfortable in an open, dynamic and collaborative company culture.