Chief Operating Officer
Operation & Leadership Team – Berlin, Germany
Envio is an award-winning startup pioneering technologies that transform how we monitor, manage, operate, and interact with commercial real estate. We are more than 50 engineers, data scientists, product managers from over 27 different nationalities, working together to improve people's lives and create a more sustainable future through innovation.
We are seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) with experience in defining and successfully implementing the framework necessary to drive extensive and sustainable growth in the context of a rapidly scaling tech Startup. The COO is a key member of the executive management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for ensuring the evolution of the business.
You must be a leader with strong intuition who can balance immediate priorities with medium and long-term strategic objectives. Someone with foresight to identify potential challenges and preemptively plan contingencies to ensure continuous operational excellence. You will be the engine of execution across the organization and will need an unsurpassed motivation to be the best.
Ideally you have experience scaling a growth stage startup, and previously led cross functional technical and non-technical teams within a relevant industry such as telecom, energy, industrial automation, building automation, or similar..
At envio we are:
Collaborative - We believe teams solve big problems together
Resourceful - Workable solutions exist for every problem
Resilient - Try a dozen things a hundred different ways if that is what it takes
Disruptors - We invent things people didn’t know they needed but can’t live without
Pioneers - We take on complex challenges using new tools
Each one of our values is a part of our everyday interactions.
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and people designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organisational outcomes are met.
- Lead and motivate employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Evaluate company performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Balance simple daily tasks alongside larger goals and strategies.
- Create processes for all aspects of the business, efficiently and effectively communicating to all internal and external shareholders.
- Spearhead strategies to steer the company’s future in a positive direction.
- Work collaboratively with the CEO to set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (Marketing, Sales, Business Development, People & Culture etc.)
- Look for methods to improve quality, efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, increase profits, or improve control measures.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, partners, distributors and stakeholders.
- Operate in a systematic and organized approach.
- Clear, concise communicator, outstanding interpersonal skills. Demonstrated experience leading people at all levels of the organisation in a direct and diplomatic way.
- An understanding of client requirements needs at all levels of the organization.
- Experience as a leader and coach, proven ability to inspire, support and motivate your team, always seeking to improve best practices.
- Bachelor or Masters in Business, Engineering or relevant field.
- 5+ years experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role.
- Understanding of business functions such as Business Development, People & Culture, Sales, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Previous experience working in Germany, with an understanding of German Law.
- Speak fluent German and business level English.